Stepping up to Leadership
Stepping up to Leadership – a one day workshop with Aly McNicoll for anyone working in a values driven environment.
This workshop is a unique and highly interactive experience for those who lead in a values driven environment. It provides the opportunity for participants to examine their leadership point of view, catch up with the latest thinking from the leadership literature plus reflect on their strengths and challenges as a leader in the sector. It provides hands on, practical tools that can be applied to current leadership challenges plus an opportunity to network with other NFP leaders and managers.
- The leadership journey. An experiential activity to start the day
- What is leadership? A tour through the latest thinking from the leadership literature highlighting useful models for leading in a values driven environment
- Management versus leadership. The role and tasks of the leader versus the manager – raising the bar, strategic thinking, the long view
- Working outside the walls of your organisation. Leveraging potential through external stakeholders
- Be who you are, more, with skill! Personal strengths and challenges as a leader
- Why should anyone be led by you? Goffee & Jones research findings about what followers need from leaders. Participants apply the model to a current leadership challenge and receive coaching from peers
Be inspired by Aly McNicoll
Aly McNicoll is a Director of the NZ Coaching & Mentoring Centre and has been involved with coaching, mentoring and leadership in New Zealand and Australia for the last 12 years. She has refined techniques for both introducing coaching as a skill set and promoting learning as a way of being in teams and organisations.
Aly is a regular presenter at international conferences (American Society for Training & Development Conference, European Mentoring & Coaching Council Conference) where her specialist skills in peer learning techniques have led to her spending increasing proportions of her time working with clients in Australia, the UK and the USA.
Prior to her corporate training role, Aly has led leadership and management programmes at Unitec Institute of Technology where she is a senior lecturer on the Graduate Diploma in Not for Profit Management.
One full day workshop: $375 + GST. This includes lunch, morning and afternoon tea, all workshop materials and a certificate.
If you are also booking Aly McNicoll’s “Managers as Coaches” workshop in this series, the workshops are reduced to $350 + GST each.
What happens if you have to cancel?
Should you be unable to attend, a substitute delegate is welcome at no extra cost. Alternatively, a refund less a $50 + GST service charge per registrant will be made for cancellations received in writing (email, letter or fax) up to ten working days prior to the workshop. Regrettably, no refund can be made less than ten working days prior to the event. However, you will be sent the workshop materials upon request. Delegates are responsible for their own travel/accommodation bookings for which no compensation will be made should the workshop be rescheduled or cancelled. Please note: GROW Ltd. reserves the right to make any amendments that we may deem to be in the best interest of the workshop – it is however very unlikely and we will notify you as soon as possible should this occur.